Review: Andy Player Whisky and Cola

As I went through the beer isle, I spotted this Andy Player Whisky and Cola bottle.  I kinda heard the Andy Player name here and there and thought it to be a local whisky.  Now they're selling it mixed with cola. If you like hard drinks with cola as a chaser, this concoction will make you think twice.

It has 5% alcohol content in a 330ml bottle based on the label.  Almost the same as other beers but not the same enjoyment.

Taste-wise, I found the distinct whiskey taste diluted with a ton of cola. The cola sucks. It's like drinking cola that's sitting 4 hours on a glass when almost all the fizz has disappeared and all that's left is the sugary caramel taste. I can comment on the whiskey flavour since it's so washed out by the cola. I haven't tried their whisky as is either.

I would not buy another one of this same with the Smirnoff Mule I tried before. It just doesn't give justice to alcohol. No to the premixed hard drinks.

Well, to be fair, their packaging is nice which led me to buying them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Smirnoff Mule

Upgrading the Tern Link D8 Drivetrain (Part 2)