Tern Mainstay Chainguide Review

I have been having a lot of chain drops on my Tern Link D8 recently so I decided to install a chain guide. The stock chain guide doesn't seem to prevent the chain from going to the outer side of the chain ring.

I purchased the Tern Mainstay Chainguide from an online source for less than Php 500. The package came with an installation guide which is very handy.

Installing it would require a bit of bike technical skill and tools. You would have to break your chain and join it again after installing the chain guide. Fine adjustment is pretty straight forward.  Even with a modified drivetrain (11-36 cogs), the chain guide fits well. I am hoping that changing the chain ring from 52T to 56T would not present any problems.

So far, I have not yet experienced any chain drops even with aggressive shifting. It does its job and also made the bike look a bit cooler.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Smirnoff Mule

Review: Andy Player Whisky and Cola

Upgrading the Tern Link D8 Drivetrain (Part 2)