Review: Orange Slide Cycling Lube


I bought this chain lube in Gran Trail Cycles Molito. I was originally looking for the White Lightning Dry Lube since my bottle was about to run out. I tried this instead since there was no White Lightning on stock. The saleslady claimed that its a dry lube so I gave it a try.

On application, the lube didn't dry out as fast as White Lightning. I'm not sure if it really do dry out but I'm hoping that it does so dust and debris won't stick to the chain.

After a 40 km commute to work, the chain is still pretty clean. A little bit of darkened lube can be noticed if you look closely. The route I took is 100% road. There was a bit of a drizzle and the road has some wet parts. After the ride, the chain has pretty much retained the lube.

Though I was expecting something like a White Lightning type of cleanliness. Orange Slide pretty much held up to the expectation. With this lube, I think a weekly cleaning and reapplication would suffice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Smirnoff Mule

Review: Andy Player Whisky and Cola

Upgrading the Tern Link D8 Drivetrain (Part 2)