Review: Sweat Gutr

The sweatband that never saturates.
My usual head setup when bike commuting is a headkerchief(a one piece flexible tube cloth) to cover my nose and face and a bandana to soak up the sweat coming from my head.  I wan't to wear something on my head before putting the helmet so that sweat won't go to my eyes and glasses during the ride.

I usually bring 2 scarf/handkerchief when going to the office. I use one going from home to the office and one for the way back. These soaks up the sweat for the long ride. I usually hang this on my office chair to dry before storing it in my bag.
I discovered something new when I went to the ROX store in BGC. It's the Gutr sweat band. It's pronounced as gutter but they spelled it leaving out T and E. It's probably a marketing thing to make it look and sound hip.

It's made of silicone with a rubber ring at the back. The ring comes in three sizes for proper head fit. It's secured with a velcro strap.
The headband has a lip on the front that acts like a gutter. Sweat coming from your forehead is caught by the gutter and is drained to the sides. Fate will determine whether drained sweat goes to your ear, shirt or the guy behind you. What matters most is it won't get to your eyes.

It fits well when wearing a helmet. It sits just below the helmet line. I have experienced the headband moving down but it's because I haven't adjusted it right. I'm using the smallest ring for my head size so it fits snugly on my head without giving me a headache.
It's definitely worth trying out. It's priced at 700 php at which you can buy 30 bandanas. This will be part of my commuting gear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Smirnoff Mule

Review: Andy Player Whisky and Cola

Upgrading the Tern Link D8 Drivetrain (Part 2)