Review: White Lightning's Epic Ride

I've been using White Lightning's Epic Ride for a while now for my daily commuter bike and my weekend mountain bike. I've nearly emptied the bottle so I think I can give a better assessment of its performance.

The lube is meant to be somewhere in between a wet and a dry lube. It's advertised to stay on longer while keeping the chain relevantly clean.

On my commuter folding bike, which I use 4 times a week, it performs good enough for daily use. It can last a 4 rides or more without me having to clean the chain and reapply lube.

Rain
Going through rain is another matter. The lube stays on for my 20 km ride during heavy rain but you need to clean the chain and reapply lube after the ride since most road mud and grit have stuck to the chain. Compared to the Orange dry lube I was using which washed away after just 5 km of rain, the Epic Ride lived up to its name. It stayed on during the rain. The lube was slightly washed away but not to the point that you can feel the chain grinding your cogs.

Dirt
The chain still turns black but not sludgy black. Compared to White Lightning's Clean Ride which do not make your hand greasy black, the Epic ride accumulates some black gunk but still tolerable.

Overall
This lube performs well for daily use. If you're obsessed about keeping your chain spanking clean, then you need to get something different. This lube balances longevity with cleanliness. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Smirnoff Mule

Review: Andy Player Whisky and Cola

Upgrading the Tern Link D8 Drivetrain (Part 2)