Aquascaping: The Dry Start Method (Planting HC)

I did research on the best way I can start my tank and stumbled upon this method. It entails growing the plant emersed and getting it stable before flooding the tank.

After the hardscape, I proceeded with preparing the HC(baby tears) for planting. Since it came planted in soil, I needed to wash and cut it to small portions before planting. I distributed the plants on the substrate evenly so it would cover the substrate faster. I had little time so I would postpone the planting of the hair grass for another day.

I used a spray bottle to keep the tank moist and kept the water level barely below the lowest substrate level. After planting, I covered the tank with cling wrap to keep the temperature and humidity relatively high.

I run the lights for 8 hours a day and spray/mist once a day. I also open the top once a day for a short while to exchange gasses.

The hair grass will be used for accenting the rocks. I plan to run this for at least 3 weeks before flooding the tank.

I placed some cut up scouring pad on the bonsai driftwood for the moss to hold on. The phoenix moss is laid down thinly on to the pads and some parts of the driftwood. I ensure to keep the moss from drying out.

Now the waiting game begins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Smirnoff Mule

Review: Andy Player Whisky and Cola

Upgrading the Tern Link D8 Drivetrain (Part 2)