Aquascaping: Prelude

It's a deviation from the theme of this blog but I'll use this avenue to talk about my aquascaping journey.

You can read about the formal definition of aquascaping from google so I'll skip that part. What brought me back to the aquarium hobby is the fact that my son wants to have an aquarium. I took this chance to start with aquascaping.

I've had several aquarium during my younger days. I started with a traditional fish only freshwater aquarium then in college I got into saltwater reef aquarium. Through the hobby, I learned the science behind aquariums through research and mostly trial and error.

My focus this time is a nature inspired aquarium. I saw lots of planted aquariums that mimic natural scenery and that gave me the inspiration to create one for my own. I specifically liked the bonsai tree in an underwater scene with school of small fishes swimming around it.

This will be my goal. To set up a nano tank with a bonsai tree landscape. It would recreate a grassy hill landscape with a single tree.

I would document all of my progress in this blog.

This is my inspiration. Credit to the owner of the photo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Smirnoff Mule

Review: Andy Player Whisky and Cola

Upgrading the Tern Link D8 Drivetrain (Part 2)