Bike to Work Reboot : alternate route (Muntinlupa to Mckinley Hill, Taguig)

I decided to bike to work again for these reasons:

  1. The building I'm working at only allows folding bikes to be brought up the office and now I have a folding bike.
  2. I'm lacking physical exercise and this is a good way to get that exercise early in the morning.
  3. Riding a bike is economical.
I tried a new route thinking there would be less traffic and therefore less "exhaust smoke in your face" moments. We take this road when going to Rizal on early morning weekends so there is practically no traffic and its easy riding.

From Muntinlupa, I took a right turn to take the M. L. Quezon Street going to Bayani road then Mckinley Hill.  This route proved to be inefficient. There were lots of tricycles and jeepneys that block your path whenever they pick up  passengers. It's a 2 way street so I have no choice but to stop. You pass by at least 2 schools which means traffic and students crossing the road.



I would not take that route anymore. Going the east/west service road route is more convenient and faster.  It took me almost 90 mins to get to the office which is 30 minutes more than I usually take.

Now, the bike is conveniently parked in the company locker room with the water containers :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Smirnoff Mule

Review: Andy Player Whisky and Cola

Upgrading the Tern Link D8 Drivetrain (Part 2)