Unboxing the Tern Link D8

We (my wife and I) recently got a Tern Link D8 folding bike.  Initially, we went to the distributor of Tern (Junni Industries in Quezon Ave.) hoping that it's cheaper to get from them but they pointed me to Glorious Ride Bike Shop in Anonas. The guy said that they give the biggest discount. Luckily, we were not disappointed. The discount and the freebies was worth the travel from Muntinlupa to Quezon City.

The store was jam packed maybe because of their anniversary sale. We managed to get the bike but opted to skip the tuning. I'd rather tune and setup the bike myself and because we're in a bit of a hurry for a dinner appointment, we just checked the contents of the box then loaded it on Royal (my Honda Jazz).



The Unboxing.



The box was huge. I was expecting a smaller package since it's a folding bike. The bike was packed unfolded. The front wheels is detached and the stem/handlebar folded. Seatpost and saddle are also detached.

Assembling the bike is easy. The only chore to do is removing all the packaging stuff attached to the bike.



A few steps to get the bike going:

  1. Attach the front wheel and clip the brakes.
  2. Adjust the brake shoes.
  3. Attach the seatpost and saddle to the bike.
  4. Screw on the pedals. Remember to put grease on the pedal threads to prevent seizing.
  5. Tune the rear derailleur. This is a rather tricky task because the stock derailleur is a bit on the low end.
  6. Pump the tires to 40psi.


The bike is ready to ride.

I will post a review soon. I still need to put on a few kms on this bike.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Smirnoff Mule

Review: Andy Player Whisky and Cola

Upgrading the Tern Link D8 Drivetrain (Part 2)