Gadgets: ZenPower Powerbank Review

I got these powerbanks from Lazada when they did a flash sale. Talk about hot products. All stocks were gone in a day.  I was lucky to get these two because they limit purchases to one for each color.

It comes in a small color coded package. I got the gold one and my wife got the pink. She wanted the gold but that means I get stuck with the very masculine pink so she gave me the gold. The gold is not really like Saudi gold or the yellowish gold we're familiar with. It's more of a metallic brownish shade which is nice. The pink is also nice, looks like metallic red and not hello kitty pink. I could have gotten away with that color.

Build

The powerbank is made of aluminum. Solid feel and cold to touch. It claims to be credit card sized but not credit card thick. It's fat but small. On the front are four led to indicate status and charge. A power button which doesn't seem to do much but just check on the remaining charge. There are also a micro USB plug for charging the power bank and another standard USB plug to charge your phone or other devices. The package comes with a short micro USB to standard USB cable.

The manual says that only the supplied cable should be used on the device. I don't want to always unplug that cable so I use my Zenphone 2 charger to charge the powerbank. In more than 2 months of use, there seems to be no problem.

Performance

I get three full charges and some on my Zenphone 2 with this powerbank. It's rated at 10050mAh so technically it can full charge a 3000mAh zenphone three times. It doesn't support fast charging so a full charge will be 3 or more hours. It's rugged enough to toss anywhere in my bike bag where its subjected to vibrations and occasional drops. It's been holding up pretty well.

If I were to look for something bad about this product, I would say that it weighs a lot. Naturally, the batteries inside contributes to the hefty weight of this powerbank.  I know most of the powerbanks out there weigh more than this so its not a big deal.

Its a good product and I would recommend this to anyone with a Zenphone 2. Other options comparable to this is the Mi power bank.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Smirnoff Mule

Review: Andy Player Whisky and Cola

Upgrading the Tern Link D8 Drivetrain (Part 2)