Rainy Day Gear: Uniqlo's Parka Jacket

Rainy days are upon us and its time to include a rain gear in your bike pack.

You wouldn't want to ride in the rain for an hour without any protective clothing. I didn't like the experience of being drenched in rain and the head wind chilling you more.

Cheap and Lightweight

I was on the hunt for a cheap(relatively) and lightweight rain jacket that I can keep in my bag in case of heavy rains.  My search led me to a list of outdoor brands with costs ranging from Php 2,000 to Php 6,000.  I was hesitant to spend that much on something that I would just stash in my bag and hopefully wear at least once a year.

I was locking on to buy an Adidas water resistant jacket in a outlet store up North but then I saw Uniqlo's Parka jacket.  It was on sale for only Php 990. It was perfect. Looks water resistant enough and lightweight.  It's lighter than the plastic rain jacket I used to carry around.

Packable

I folded it up real nice and packed it in a small pouch. You can stash it in a small pocket in your bag without it taking up valuable space.
folded up. credit card sized powerbank for size comparison

Water Repellant and Breathable

It's not marketed as waterproof so expect to get a little wet during heavy rains. It will shield you from the wind and rain and that's what matters the most. You won't suffer from hypothermia.

There are vents on both arm pit sides so you wont get all sweaty. It also has vents in the side pockets. Compared to the plastic rain jacket, this is more comfortable to wear.

I got this in Uniqlo SM Southmall and I think any Uniqlo here in the metro carries this jacket. It comes in different colors and sizes. Pick something that's not too loose so wind drag can be less while cycling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Smirnoff Mule

Review: Andy Player Whisky and Cola

Upgrading the Tern Link D8 Drivetrain (Part 2)