Review: Da Bomb Holy Shit Grips

I've got this grips 3 years ago and its still the shit. I got it for Php 500 at Cartimar when I first assembled my mountain bike.

Dabomb Holy Shit Grips
Build

It's a "lock on" grip meaning it has clamps on both end that you use to secure it to the handle bar.  I prefer this kind of locking mechanism for the grip compared to the traditional slide on type. It's easy to pull out in case you want to change your brake lever or shifter. It's also easy to replace your handle bar. The other type of grip is such a pain to remove and it's also prone to movement when in use. Definitely find the "lock on" type of grip for your bikes.

Feel

The grip is made of soft rubber with embossed skulls all over. At first, I found the skull design a bit dorky but it grows on you. The feel is superb. It's soft and grippy. Very comfortable.

Durability

After some years, my grips are worn out on the outer palm side. It's understandable since that's where most of the pressure goes when riding. I just rotated it so the fresh side is facing up and it's good to go. I might need to get a replacement soon for this.

Cockpit with Dabomb Grips

Overall

It's a very good grip. It served me well and would definitely recommend it. Value for your money.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Smirnoff Mule

Review: Andy Player Whisky and Cola

Upgrading the Tern Link D8 Drivetrain (Part 2)