Review: Cateye Saddle Rail Mount

I got the Cateye saddle rail mount from an online seller.  I need a tail light mount that will be compatible with the folding bike.  Conventional tail light mounts grab on to the seat post. The seat post goes all the way down when you fold the bike so a regular mount will hinder the folding process.

The Cateye saddle rail mount attaches directly to your saddle. It does not come in the way of the seat post when you fold the bike.
with Cateye Rapid 5

It's a bit heavy. Almost the same weight as my Cateye Rapid 5 tail light.
clearance when seatpost is all the way down.

Performance

The mount held well on my commute to the office. Did not shake or move.

The only thing is I destroyed the teeth that locks the angle of the light when I accidentally grabbed it instead of the saddle to lift my bike. It still holds even if the teeth is broken. The lock teeth is made of plastic so its easy to damage if you apply a decent force to it. The joint bolt just need to be tight for the mount to fix its position without the lock teeth.

Final

You have to be wary that there is something mounted on your saddle to prevent yourself from grabbing it and destroying the lock teeth. It's frustrating how easily I damaged the mount. Makes me think that given its weight and how easily I ruined it, I should just have used the default mount that came with the Rapid 5 tail light.

Value for money is 2 of 5. If you wan't bling more than value, this is for you, otherwise, I would not recommend it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Smirnoff Mule

Review: Andy Player Whisky and Cola

Upgrading the Tern Link D8 Drivetrain (Part 2)