Upgrade: Deore Brake Levers T610

In preparation for changing the shifter of my foldie to an I-spec type, I need to change the brake lever to be able to use the I-spec shifters.  Luckily, Shimano updated their V-brake levers to the I-spec technology.

I like I-spec for a couple of reasons.

  • The handle bar looks neat and clean.
  • Supposedly lighter since the shifter clamp is eliminated.
  • No shifter display window. I don't normally look at this so it's just an added weight.





BL - T610

I have yet to install it on my Tern Link D8.  Installation will be a chore since the grips are not lock-on type and I need more elbow grease to pull it out of the handle bar.  The grip shifters are also there to add difficulty in getting the old lever out. I would get a lock-on grip to replace the old grips in the future.
I-spec compatible levers.

The new levers have clamps that can fully open to facilitate easy installation.

reach adjuster

It has a nice reach adjuster. Not the usual screw end you see on cheap levers.

internal bump stopper and cable holder

Internal bump stops ensure silent lever releases. It also adds to the premium feel. 

Weight is at 200 grams according to paper. I have no weighing scale so I just have to take the published specs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Smirnoff Mule

Review: Andy Player Whisky and Cola

Upgrading the Tern Link D8 Drivetrain (Part 2)